Thread: PRS-T1 Firmware Update
View Single Post
Old 02-04-2012, 03:20 PM   #49
speakingtohe
Wizard
speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony PRS-T1 and T3, Kobo Mini and Aura HD, Tablet
Approximately a week ago I installed new firmware.

No problems till yesterday. (except I cannot delete books on device itself and often get the reader application not working error)

Yesterday I got the continuous screen flash with reloading arrows which I had'nt encountered before and could not turn of the device. (happened when I turned page with hardware buttons)

I reset it and the book I was reading was back to page one.

Went to correct page and turned page with no problem.

Later set reader on nightstand to answer phone. When I picked it up go to box/slider was displayed.

Finished book. Started another book which went from page 47 to page 59 with no hitting of keys or noticeable page flashes, and I had cleaned screen after reset.

Went back and continued reading. Then it went back to page one. Just poof, reading page 88 and hit page turn button and I am on page one.

Don't get me wrong, I have had far worse problems with PRS-600 and my mother's kindle 3, they didn't malfunction as often, but when they did it was much harder to get them working again. I just don't see the firmware as having solved much. Hope it is better for most.

Helen

Last edited by speakingtohe; 02-04-2012 at 03:22 PM.
speakingtohe is offline   Reply With Quote