View Single Post
Old 07-02-2010, 12:41 AM   #1
Stinger
Asha'man
Stinger has learned how to read e-booksStinger has learned how to read e-booksStinger has learned how to read e-booksStinger has learned how to read e-booksStinger has learned how to read e-booksStinger has learned how to read e-booksStinger has learned how to read e-books

Device: Kobo
New Firmware (1.4) Discussion

So I thought I'd create a thread where we can talk about the new firmware release. Lets leave problems/issues regarding the installation process out of this thread and just focus on the firmware itself, please.

Here's a couple things I've noted in my short time with it so far:

* Syncing with the desktop app no longer resets all by books to 'NEW'. (This isn't really a firmware issue, but still worth mentioning)
* Apostrophes no longer seem to cause the "Content is Locked" message.
* Haven't had any problems with font-scaling; tested on a few Calibre news feeds and a few epubs that had the problem before.

There is a bug I've found, but I don't know if it's really a bug. It seems to be a side effect of deleting all the 100 preloaded books, which isn't officially supported by Kobo at this point:

When I go to my library list, click 'display' and select "Pre-Loaded Books", the list is empty, and all the letters at the top are greyed out (expected, I nuked my dbase a while ago). But the letter A is selected (A line above and below the letter), even thought it's greyed out. If I press the center button, the Kobo flashes the red/blue lights and immediately reboots!

Last edited by Stinger; 07-02-2010 at 12:51 AM. Reason: Doh!
Stinger is offline   Reply With Quote