View Single Post
Old 01-31-2013, 01:34 AM   #351
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by slantybard View Post
Yes, I used the Book version and it was WAY better than your original versions from the other day. I think in the end, although they look really good on preview, that the shorter smaller letters like "s" and the taller letters like "h" were not as readable at size 2 or 3 as the stock Caecilia at size 2 is.

The custom version of Caecilia I used was simply renaming the bold (of the "light" Caecilia font) to regular and heavy (again of the "light" Caecilia font) to bold.

I have now extracted rootfs.img from the 5.3.3 bin update and found the fonts.cramfs.img with the stock PW fonts. Unfortunately, I am having troubles mounting the fonts.cramfs.img to actually get my hands on those fonts to try and make them slightly more heavy and use as a custom font. Once I get the fonts, I will try experimenting for fun.
I could never get Kindle tool to work so I got mine from my K4S which I jailbroke just for the fonts. Not the same as the PW versions but it works.

I don't know how anyone can read anything on the PW on size 2. It's so tiny. You would want a thin font if you read on that size or you wont be able to make out the letters too well.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote