View Single Post
Old 01-31-2013, 12:06 AM   #349
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by slantybard View Post
So, I used the alt trick and tried to add in 3 custom fonts, Charis from jswolf, Gentium book from blossom, and Caecilia that I modded myself.

Charis and Gentium both look really nice, but aren't suited for the size I like to read at. I have been reading on the PW with Caecilia at size 2 (from left) and when I use Charis and Gentium, they are both too small at that size. Gentium book looks better to me up at size 5 but is a bit too big and size 4 is a bit too small. Maybe it is just the way the font is designed with the unique tall l's and h's. Charis looks really nice at size 3 and gives the stock Caecilia good competition.

So I tried to use the same custom Caecilia font I used on my old sony 505 with regular = semibold, italic = semibold italic, bold = bold, and bolditalic = bolditalic. Here is a post with a photo of how bold the regular looks on the 505 (sorry, there was no way to get a screenshot).

Anyways, if someone makes a slightly heavier Caecilia but same size as the stock Caecilia, please post some pics and what changes you made so that I can reproduce your results for my own use.
Did you tried the new Book version it's been upsize a little to fix the too small problem. Gentium is a SIL font so you can resize it to whatever you want.

I had problems with fonts rebooting the PW so I am careful to only use non problematic fonts. For instance the Nook version of Amasis will crash the PW. It's a mystery why....

My version of Caecilia I just added weight to using Bold setting on font creator. The best thing to do is find your unmodified copy of the font and start over. I find it best to make several versions and give them different families names then compare them all on the PW till I find one I like and I keep that one.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote