View Single Post
Old 06-22-2012, 09:17 PM   #1
nila
nila is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.nila is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.nila is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.nila is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.nila is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.nila is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.nila is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.nila is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.nila is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.nila is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.nila is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.

Device: none
Thinking of getting a Kobo Touch - Battery + Book Management questions

Hi all,
Going to get myself an eBook reader.
Been looking at a few and as I already have a large library of books (used to use my phone to read on) in multiple formats (ePub, pdf, txt, etc) this one seems like a good choice due to its multiple format support.

I have read two things about it though that worry me:

Battery life
- this seems to be fairly poor. Some ebook readers are claiming apx. 2500 page turns per charge which is what I want - something I can use while travelling if I need to and be reading for hours each day and still only needing to charge it every few days. The Kobo seems to have fairly poor battery from a lot of the posts I've seen scattered around??

Book Management on the device
- From what I've read it has literally no book management and only just gives you a big huge long list of the books available. Basically means once you start getting a lot of books on there it will be a HUGE pain in the ass with no way to organise them by genre, artist, title etc.
Is this true and how big a problem is it?

Are the two issues above a result of the Kobo Touch being a 'cheap product' and if I want one without them I should look at more expensive products?

What are good suggestions for eBook readers that support a lot of formats, have long battery life and a decent interface?

Thanks for the help guys.
nila is offline   Reply With Quote