View Single Post
Old 10-18-2007, 12:36 PM   #7
mocelet
Connoisseur
mocelet began at the beginning.

Device: iLiad / Palm Vx / Nokia E65
Quote:
Originally Posted by wallcraft View Post
Did you add DLover.jpg manually? I assume this is to get a thumbnail of the cover as the item's icon in the contentsLister. Does it matter how large the image is? How do you extract the image from the .prc file (or is it from somewhere else)?

A screenshot of the contentLister displaying book covers would be worth a thousand words. These are now very easy to make: fbshot via the contentlister.
Yep, added manually, and yes you get the image in the content lister. I have put images of all sizes in there (some larger than the associated book when measured in bytes!) and they get scaled down. I believe small images do not get scaled up though. I generally get the image from the place I buy the ebook, or Amazon if all else fails. Note that the filename is case sensitive, and sometimes it just doesn't work (you get a black icon). In these cases, I usually open the image in Gimp, and resave it, and all is well. I assume there is a limitation on encoding schemes or something.

Also, errors in the XML file break the icon, title and description, but running tidy over the file again after editing (with the options as above) will warn if there are any errors in the file.

I would take a screenshot, but the iLiad is my wife's, and I haven't got the developer package installed.
mocelet is offline   Reply With Quote