View Single Post
Old 06-07-2011, 11:37 PM   #50
CWatkinsNash
IOC Chief Archivist
CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Meebook M7, Paperwhite 2021, Fire HD 8+, Fire HD 10+, Lenovo Tab P12
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stampercam View Post
Step 4 I've been doing manually with "remove from device" but changing the tag to "read by cam" beforehand.... does that make sense?

Using this new combined version of the plugins, as soon as the book is removed from the list the tag goes, which means that I don't have the tag in place telling me which books are on what device when the devices aren't connected.

My manual method is working but it is easy to miss steps so I'd love a suggestion

Cam
I manage two ereaders for myself and my roommate, so I get the "keeping track" issues. It's why I started using the plugin. One option is to uncheck the "clear this list after sync" checkbox and keep an ongoing list, which will also keep the tags in place.

That said, I've decided to keep separate lists - Kindle New (or Literati New) of new books to sync that clears after sync, and "Christa's Books" (or "John's Books") as a non-syncing ongoing list. Once the list is set up it's only one extra click to put the books on both applicable lists. That's what easiest for me, but your mileage may vary.

As for manually removing the tags after reading, I don't even bother. I have a saved search for unread books set as a restricted view that calibre starts up with. Unless I choose to show all books, I don''t even see the books I've already read. I mark books I've finished as "read" in calibre as I finish them, then once a week or so I connect the reader, switch to view all books, and remove from the device any that I've marked as read.

If you do use a custom column for read status and still want to change the tags too, you can also just use that to sort by status, select the finished books and use "search and replace" in the bulk metadata window to change those tags in one swoop. Not something that has to be done every time you finish, just as maintenance once every week or two.

I hope that made sense. I'm tired, and sometimes I don't make the most sense when it's late.
CWatkinsNash is offline   Reply With Quote