View Single Post
Old 07-11-2014, 02:28 PM   #895
KevinH
Sigil Developer
KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: many
preview only testing version v072z

Hi tkeo, (FYI: other co-developers and testers)

Thanks for that bug fix in decoding package tags in mobi_k8resc.py

I have tried to incorporate your mobi_opf.py changes into mine. We were pretty close on many things. I see you want to break out epub3 metadata from the general case and we can do that later, but right now I went with an integrated one we already had.

So attached is KindleUnpack_v072z_test.zip which we can start heavy testing on to make sure nothing is broken for PrintReplica and older Mobis as well as epub2 and epub3.

For epub3 I have added in the automatic generation of dcterms:modifed to meet the minimum epub3 metadata spec.

So hopefully, all that remains is some bug hunting and corner cases to resolve and we can make this a public release!

After that, if you want you can start on your epub3 specific metatdata changes and hopefully try to figure out a way to fix the refines info and integrate the RESC extra metadata into the final product without needing to comment it out.

I have run out of free time recently so hopefully you can take the lead on all of that after we get any bugs ironed out and a stable v073 release made and available to all.

Thanks for all of your hard work on this!

Edit: I just finished studying the epub 3 metadata and it disallows all opf: prefixes like file-as, role and schemes. Therefore the dc:identifier is different under epub3 for urn:uuid, isbn, etc.

So you were right and we do need an epub 3 specific metadata routine for even the basics just to handle the refines of file-as and role and identifiers properly even etc for the most basic EXTH values and not just for fixed-layout and related things.

I will play around with this a bit too.

Take care,

KevinH

So here is
Quote:
Originally Posted by tkeo View Post
Hi Kevin,

I have also been doing to reduce redundancy.
I have not completed yet and there are bugs.
I have attached my version just for reference.

Take care,
tkeo
Attached Files
File Type: zip KindleUnpack_v072z_test.zip (86.3 KB, 168 views)

Last edited by KevinH; 07-11-2014 at 06:05 PM.
KevinH is offline   Reply With Quote