View Single Post
Old 05-10-2010, 11:00 AM   #7
simplyparticular
Guru
simplyparticular ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simplyparticular ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simplyparticular ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simplyparticular ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simplyparticular ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simplyparticular ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simplyparticular ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simplyparticular ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simplyparticular ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simplyparticular ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simplyparticular ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 3 & GlowLight 4
For the books that I have investigated:

Amazon and B&N:
Random House -a mixture of MSRP or discounted 10-20%
Big 5 - MSRP + local sales tax (shows up at checkout)

Sony:
Random House - discounts of 5-30% off MSRP
Big 5 - MSRP + 5%

I can't tell if this is Sony is marking up 5% to cover the taxes they are required to collect, or if you also get charged the taxes, too. Anyone in the US buy from Sony lately?

Kobo:
Big 5 - US MSRP + 9%
Random House - discounted 5-40% off MSRP

Kobo shows me US pricing as their MSRP - I don't know if they use ISP to change pricing. It's possible, since I would think they have to use Canadian MSRP for Canadian customers? I wonder if they are also collecting US sales tax for the Big 5, or do they have to collect Canadian GST/PST? My local sales tax is 8.75%, so maybe that is the 9% markup I'm seeing? My US credit card charges a 2.96% exchange fee, so they are automatically more expensive for me.
simplyparticular is offline   Reply With Quote