View Single Post
Old 09-03-2009, 07:33 PM   #1
jswinden
Nameless Being

Thumbs down eBook Library 3.x is terrible on Vista 64 bit

Has any one gotten eBook Library 3.x to work correctly on a Vista Home Premium 64 bit computer? I keep having the application lock up on me, that is either get the "not responding" message or the closing the application message. Occasionally I can get one or two books to load from the Purchased folder to my 300 or 600, but even then the program is really slow. Version 2.x was much better.

And Sony support is pretty much useless. I keep getting the "re-install" line, which doesn't work. Today they told me to go into Windows Safe Mode and install it. Unfortunately Vista gave me the message that Windows install is not available in Safe Mode. And don't even get me started about the phone support that has been outsourced to India. I mean absolutely no disrespect for the folks in India, but it is very difficult to get support from people you cannot understand very well and who cannot understand you very well.

I love my 300 and 600. But I hate the new version of eBook Library. I might get to like it if it ever runs correctly.

Last edited by jswinden; 09-03-2009 at 07:35 PM.