View Single Post
Old 09-09-2013, 10:19 AM   #227
soulfuldog
I ♥ Calibre
soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Voyage, Sony PRS-350, Hudl2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyn2012 View Post
That's interesting, whereabouts are you in the UK? I found the Glo in Watford WHS very soon after launch - then, after playing with it, purchased online.

I've currently got the PW 1 but am looking forward to leaving Kindle world and getting collections working with Calibre again without the need to jailbreak and generally mess around. I was considering the Sony T3 but am concerned that not being front lit, the screen will be mid grey again and lacking in contrast on cloudy UK days.
I'm in Glasgow so maybe we were just slow getting them up in the North!

The Sony T3 would possibly have been my first choice IF it had been front-lit, that's my sole reason for upgrading so it's now out of consideration. The suggestion that the background on it is in fact slightly greyer than the T2 isn't very promising for it either.

The cloudy UK weather and the generally gloomy winter is exactly why I want a front-lit reader. I'd never bothered even considering a clip-on light, but after the Glo & Paperwhite were released last year, I really noticed during the winter just how grey the screen of my Kindle looked at times.
soulfuldog is offline   Reply With Quote