View Single Post
Old 01-20-2013, 03:46 PM   #13
speakingtohe
Wizard
speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony PRS-T1 and T3, Kobo Mini and Aura HD, Tablet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabardeyn View Post
Okay, it's a definite tangent to the thread but you've reminded me... what is the use of the Restrict To button?

It is related to Searching, but I cannot figure out how it is relevant / useful. With Hightlight off, the book display is already restrict to matching results. Highlight on, the result would show All books, but only matching results would appear highlighted. Theoretically Highlight off, Restrict To on, you would just get the equivalent of a colored Highlight off book display.

Am I missing something?
I use the restrict search to simplify things.
Simple example
If assigning genre to a custom column.
Click Genre twice and search bar shows #genre:false
Click restrict search to current search and only the books that are in the current search will be shown when something else is types into the search bar.
If I then type mystery into the search bar it will only show results within the #genre:false results

You can get the same result by typing the whole search term '#genre:false and mystery' but restrict search is sometiimes simpler.

Helen
speakingtohe is offline   Reply With Quote