Thread: Touch referencing fonts
View Single Post
Old 07-04-2012, 03:51 PM   #9
tshering
Wizard
tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by novou View Post
Nope, I was just referring to taming's question about whether you wanted it to work even without the right fonts installed, and quoted your statement that the books were for people who already have the fonts.
I see. I completely mistook the reference. At first glance I even thought you doubted that I make the epubs for private use. Would not be a big business anyway!

Quote:
You might be able to reference fonts outside the container by using CSS or HTML. Say something like font-family: Name1,"Other Font",More; in your CSS stylesheet. Just do it like using a stardard font like Georgia on the web; the @font-face might be confusing the device.
This is actually what I did right at the beginning. Only as it did not work I started playing with the @font-face.

Quote:
Referencing fonts in other ePubs would be a bad idea, and I'm pretty sure that it's impossible anyway.
I was rather thinking of image files residing in the root directory or so.

Quote:
PS: Have you tried installing Unifont on your Kobo to at least test it?
The issue with automatic loading might just be a problem with your test fonts.
I tried it right now. Unfortunately, without success.

Thank you for the input!
tshering is offline   Reply With Quote