View Single Post
Old 05-29-2012, 03:39 AM   #27
VaporPunk
Evangelist
VaporPunk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VaporPunk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VaporPunk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VaporPunk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VaporPunk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VaporPunk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VaporPunk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VaporPunk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VaporPunk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VaporPunk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VaporPunk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 4 + Asus Transformer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Lister View Post
You're just going to have to find a better word that fits the act; 'censorship' isn't the right word. Choosing not to publish, support or host a work, no matter its form, is different than forbidding the work.

Clear Channel is a good example. They didn't stop the Dixie Chicks from singing, recording, or finding other venues. They simply stopped playing their music on their network. What gives them the right? The same thing that gives you the right to turn the channel when you hear something you don't like.
Nah, deciding not to play the Dixie Chicks because they didn't like their political message on publicly owned airwaves is a form of censorship. Unless, of course, you are of the opinion that corporations have more rights than people. I tend to think that the Dixie Chicks have as much right to free speech as I do, and being censored solely because of my political views, be it by governments or corporations, is intolerable.

Returning to the original intent of this topic, if a website decides not to sell hard-core erotica, that is their decision. And as long as they impose that rule for everyone evenly its a decision I can support. If they decide not to sell certain hard-core erotica because they don't like the author's religion, color, or political views, then it is not a decision I can support.
VaporPunk is offline   Reply With Quote