View Single Post
Old 04-02-2012, 02:28 PM   #69
rupor
meat popsicle
rupor rocks like Gibraltar!rupor rocks like Gibraltar!rupor rocks like Gibraltar!rupor rocks like Gibraltar!rupor rocks like Gibraltar!rupor rocks like Gibraltar!rupor rocks like Gibraltar!rupor rocks like Gibraltar!rupor rocks like Gibraltar!rupor rocks like Gibraltar!rupor rocks like Gibraltar!

Device: Kindles, Pixels, iPads
entodoays

I am not sure that uboot offers a complete package yet - see our discussion above

When installing my minimal root - you'd better start from original or native state, which is reader with 1.2.04 firmware from Sony and no hacks installed So - yes, you would need a restore package from boroda or amutin. I am not sure how to remove Link2SD or what would happen with them as I never tried this - there is one thing I know for sure that Link2SD is not compatible with Apps2SD.

Now - I offer 2 packages which are complementary. First, which called "absolutely minimal root" or AMR has root and functional mods. Current version is 20120325. Second, called "Apps2SD" restores original FroYo Apps2SD functionality and it's current version is 20120327.

Each package could be installed and used separately (read requirements) and each is more or less stable now. However due to the bug in Android if you only installed Apps2SD you may experience periodic locks and reboots of your device when USB cable is disconnected. This is not dangerous and does not harm your device - just very annoying. If you install both - the problem will disappear as AMR has all necessary fixes for Android.

Regular procedure:

1. restore your device to original state
2. Apply AMR and make sure that everything is working
3. Apply Apps2SD and make sure that everything is working
4. Install applications

Hope this helps a bit...

And one more thing - there is a way now to fully backup the state of your device and later restore it exactly the way it was - http://translate.google.com/translat...hp%3Ft%3D23354. Just be very careful when doing it!

Last edited by rupor; 04-02-2012 at 02:36 PM.
rupor is offline   Reply With Quote