Thread: PRS-T1 Sony PRS T1 Charger
View Single Post
Old 04-01-2012, 04:03 PM   #51
pholy
Booklegger
pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: BeBook(1 & 2010), PEZ, PRS-505, Kobo BT, PRS-T1, Playbook, Kobo Touch
Quote:
The charger that I bought and have difficulty with is a generic USB 1A wall adapter from Sweex. It didn't say anything about Apple compatibility, it was just a USB adapter. I bought it recently because I wanted a charger with a higher current. I use the same microUSB cable for both data transfer and charging. Do you think that removing the data pins from the cable and leaving only the charging pins would help? (just an idea, thanks)
NO, no, no! Not shortened or removed. Shorted, connected together! I have opened up a couple of USB chargers and found them to have no conneections at all to the data pins; they do not charge my T1. I bought a Sony charger (on sale, of course) and found that it's data pins are connected together. I haven't gotten around to re-opening the other chargers to connect the data pins; If I do, I will let you know how well it charges my T1.
pholy is offline   Reply With Quote