View Single Post
Old 06-09-2008, 08:54 PM   #100
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
i've never succeeded in converting with the librarian ; i always use eBook Publisher, which is a free download from ETI Tech (there are links around here somewhere... i'd find you one but it's quite late here and i'm feeling a bit lazy). it's not very intuitive and i had to use the manual to make the first several, however it does allow you to make books from html or other sources (word documents can be imported) and gives you many many more options / control than the librarian.

for converting lit and mobi files, nrapallo has written some excellent utilities : look at the sticky about mobi2imp (direct conversion from.prc to .imp, in about a minute, with no effort on your part. brilliant). lit conversion requires one or 2 extra steps but not many ; first break down the lit file using convert lit, then build your imp either from the html output or the mobi conversion. not very hard at all. not sure about pdf, you'd probabaly have to make it into text first or something.

i'm still a relative novice at bookmaking (and haven't done it in a while, so i might be forgetting a few details) but there are some real pros around here so don't hesitate to ask for help if you get stuck.

EDIT : pff : lit2imp converter exists as well, how could i have forgotten. (see previous mentions 'haven't done any converting in some time' and 'it's late here'... must be getting stupid. time for bed now.)

Last edited by zelda_pinwheel; 06-09-2008 at 08:57 PM.
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote