View Single Post
Old 10-22-2011, 08:44 PM   #37
ronin688
Enthusiast
ronin688 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'ronin688 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'ronin688 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'ronin688 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'ronin688 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'ronin688 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'ronin688 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'ronin688 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'ronin688 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'ronin688 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'ronin688 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'

Device: REB-1100/ EBW-1150
Quote:
Originally Posted by livrerouge View Post
Hi everyone: I just bought a used REB 1100 at a very good price. I love the touch screen, backlight, size, weight and ease of use. But...I DO NOT understand any of the articles concerning getting new books on it. I am not very computer-literate, so much of the language just goes over my head. Can anyone point me in the direction of some simple, plain, easy to follow information? I would really love to be able to use it! Thanks livrerouge
A big issue will be getting the drivers to work for it depending on which operating system you use on your home computer. If you're on Vista or Windows 7 I don't know if there is a working driver for it.

Did it come with the installation disc? That has the driver that I believe will work with Windows XP/98 and it has the program 'E-Book Librarian' that you use to transfer the books to it.

Once you have that program installed, and the device recognized by the OS when you plug it in with the USB, you can transfer books in .rb format.

To create .rb books you'll need a conversion program. I used 'RocketWriter' and "EBW-Librarian' and even then it was hit and miss on formatting. I know there are other tools that may work better though, maybe someone will reply about that.

Post back and I'll hit the subscribe button and see if I can help you get it going. If it comes down to it I have the contents of the REB-1100 disk in a folder somewhere on my PC and I could upload it for you.

It's honestly not very user friendly. I was also pretty PC illiterate when I got my first REB-1100 in 2001 ( I think? I seem to remember having one pre-2000 but it could just be my memory going hehe. ) and getting books on there properly formatted was something that actually led me to become very proficient on pc's.

Last edited by ronin688; 10-22-2011 at 08:56 PM.
ronin688 is offline   Reply With Quote