View Single Post
Old 10-01-2009, 07:48 PM   #7
emellaich
Wizard
emellaich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emellaich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emellaich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emellaich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emellaich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emellaich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emellaich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emellaich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emellaich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emellaich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emellaich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palm>Ebookman>IPaq>Axim>Cybook>Kndl2>IPAD>Kndl3SO>Voyager>Oasis
I don't really understand what eink does versus prime view. I used to think that eink licensed the tech and continued to research and that prime view manufactured the screens. However, when PVI announced their initial buyout it was announced that all the screens were still manufactured by eink.

I suspect its something like eink making the glass plus the eink capsules and primeview putting in the electronics.

Anyway, the OEM price of $60 that has been quoted by iSuppli as the cost of a 6" screen is clearly for a finished screen from PVI. It's not clear what the actual cost is from eink.
emellaich is offline   Reply With Quote