View Single Post
Old 11-01-2006, 01:28 PM   #19
BuddyBoy
eBookin' Fool
BuddyBoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BuddyBoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BuddyBoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BuddyBoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BuddyBoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BuddyBoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BuddyBoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BuddyBoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BuddyBoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BuddyBoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BuddyBoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, KK, iPad (Ex Prs 505, 500, Reb1100-2150, Rocket)
Quote:
Originally Posted by NatCh
Ah! Now I'm with you, BuddyBoy.

I think at least part of the reason that they didn't do the touch screen is that they were aiming to optimize the Reader for reading, and therefore left off most of the more involved interaction funtionalities.

Someone else suggested (around here, somewhere ... ) that there might be some power saving motivation for leaving off a touch screen, specifically. I don't know enough about that tech to venture a guess on that. Not one that'd be worth anything, anyway.
Good point, battery life could be an issue.

Truthfully, in six or seven years of Nuevomedia/RCA/Gemstar ebooking, I've used the search now and then, the annotation very rarely and the highlighting never. It's nice to have, but I'll survive without it.

What I do need is the book organization that's coming in a future firmware revision. And I wouldn't turn up my nose at a "go to page number X" function. I find the 10% hops ok when it's a small book, but I have a couple of 5000 page titles.
BuddyBoy is offline   Reply With Quote