View Single Post
Old 02-17-2013, 06:01 AM   #313
mgmueller
Member Retired
mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 26 Readers, 44 Tablets
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kumabjorn View Post
I am very keen on getting a Surface RT with a Type Cover. The main reason being the included Office. There are Office apps available on Android, and they will work if you don't get into sophisticated formatting. I have a Samsung Note 10.1 that I use with a MS Wedge BT keyboard. It is surprisingly workable, except it can't be fused into one simple to carry around device. I'm forced to have a knapsack or something to carry it around in. The lure of the Surface RT is that I can put it in an oversized pocket.
First of all: I absolutely love my Surface RT.
For the moment I'm exclusively checking out Windows 8 Tablets/Hybrids, no Androids or iOS (I'd buy iPad mini with Retina display or stronger processor in an instance, though).

But: When traveling, in addition to Surface RT I'm always taking my MacBook Air with me. Office on Surface RT is good enough for simple Excel-Sheets and such. But for sophisticated tasks, some features are missing.
Quite frankly: I thought about buying another MacBook Air. Using the existing one with Mac OS X and the new one with Windows 8. I decided against it (for now?) due to lack of touchscreen. I want to have a Windows Tablet. Would I just be looking for a productive system, powerful Notebooks/Ultrabooks are similarly compact, even more mobile (more powerful battery for example).

And: I'll go for a Windows 8 (Pro) Tablet/Hybrid in addition to my Surface RT. I tend towards Surface Pro, but I won't wait much longer. I simply don't find the majority of 3rd party apps/programs I'm normally using in the Microsoft Store on Surface RT. I have to have the option to install my legacy software (my existing Office 2010 would be good enough for me).
And: I tested the pen/stylus on Sony Duo 11. I already had (to some extent) used handwriting (recognition) on my Samsung UMPC and HP Slate 2. I've loved it and want to have the option to use it on a Windows 8 Tablet/Hybrid as well. Not a capacitive one, but WACOM, N-Trig or something similar.

BTW: I've got the Microsoft Wedge Mouse, highly recommend it.

There seems to be some shortage of type covers. You might want to try to order it somewhere else in advance. It fits for Surface RT and Surface Pro. So even if you'd got for "the big brother", it's still no loss.

Last edited by mgmueller; 02-17-2013 at 06:03 AM.
mgmueller is offline   Reply With Quote