View Single Post
Old 10-20-2011, 09:02 AM   #105
p_a_smith
Me, Myself, but not I
p_a_smith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.p_a_smith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.p_a_smith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.p_a_smith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.p_a_smith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.p_a_smith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.p_a_smith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.p_a_smith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.p_a_smith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.p_a_smith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.p_a_smith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Original, Acer 200, Asus FHD, Kobo Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by molman View Post
Based on Amazons BOM estimates for the Fire (which look like they will be sold at a loss - at least initially), I just can't see Kobo being able to compete on that front.
In the USA I think you're analysis is correct. But since the Fire is only sold there it is really a non-issue for the rest of the world which gives Kobo a head start on this market demographic.
p_a_smith is offline   Reply With Quote