View Single Post
Old 02-27-2013, 03:27 PM   #19
GlenBarrington
Cheese Whiz
GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW, Samsung Tab A 10.1(2019), Pixel 6a.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gregg Bell View Post
I'm so used to using Word, I'd be hesitant to use O.O. or L.O.. I end up using Sigil so I'd be interested to know if O.O. and L.O. are compatible with Sigil. What's your opinion of them in general, esp. compared to Word?
I like and use LibreOffice and have used Open Office up until about a month ago. The User interface is different from Word, but nothing so different that a moderately intelligent person can't become reasonably productive within a few minutes of use.

I chose to switch to LO because I liked the UI a bit better and it seemed a bit snappier in performance. But OO is just fine and now that Apache is managing OO development, I think we will see real progress in keeping it current.

I don't use Sigil, so I don't know what it's compatibility requirements are. However both OO and LO can save in several flavors of the following text file formats, odf, xml, doc, docx,rtf, txt. They say LO is more compatible with Word, but I've never noticed any sort of difference. Maybe I'm not too particular, I don't know.

Since both LO and OO are free for both personal and commercial use, you have no costs associated for an extended trial. Even if you decide to stay with MS Office, you win by trying them out, since at least you will know if they are for you or not.
GlenBarrington is offline   Reply With Quote