View Single Post
Old 11-28-2012, 04:59 PM   #6
cyndersk
Enthusiast
cyndersk is clearly one to watchcyndersk is clearly one to watchcyndersk is clearly one to watchcyndersk is clearly one to watchcyndersk is clearly one to watchcyndersk is clearly one to watchcyndersk is clearly one to watchcyndersk is clearly one to watchcyndersk is clearly one to watchcyndersk is clearly one to watchcyndersk is clearly one to watch

Device: Kobo Touch & Kobo Arc
Quote:
Originally Posted by chaley View Post
aldiko can neither connect to calibre as a device nor use calibre's metadata.
I just wanted to let you know that Aldiko can connect to my Calibre library - the same as with CC.

I've attached 4 screen shots showing what it looks like once the connection has been made, through to a downloaded book showing in my library.

Not that I am trying to bash CC, it's an okay program if you want to do the wireless thing...but you had mentioned that you don't have access to your metadata in Aldiko and if you look at the book details you can see that it does show up - even custom fields.(read)

Now if you could modify the data related to the books, like change the rating after you have read it, mark it as read etc right from within CC, then I can see the advantage, but it would appear that you cannot do this in either CC or Aldiko. One other point - Aldiko is cheaper.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Aldiko1.png
Views:	391
Size:	138.4 KB
ID:	96965   Click image for larger version

Name:	Aldiko2.png
Views:	429
Size:	342.5 KB
ID:	96966   Click image for larger version

Name:	Aldiko3.png
Views:	389