View Single Post
Old 10-31-2011, 11:31 AM   #21
moolyn
Rookie eBookie
moolyn once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.moolyn once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.moolyn once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.moolyn once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.moolyn once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.moolyn once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.moolyn once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.moolyn once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.moolyn once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.moolyn once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.moolyn once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: iPod Touch, Kobo Touch, iPad3
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeather View Post
Would Astro File Manager allow me to organize and display my books by genre, author, etc. since the Vox doesn't provide for this? Or is it mainly for apps?

No, you need reader software for that. Either Aldiko or FBReaderJ should do this. Aldiko is a bit more sophisticated looking and most people like it more; I prefer FBReaderJ. Either are easy to sideload. Aldiko downloads very nicely from Calibre, though if you set both readers to look in the same directories, you can use Aldiko to copy books and FBreader to read them. Aldiko is less happy if you use a usb cable to copy books over than FBreader is.
Thanks, jeather!

I had no idea that ereading would be so complicated and expected that the Vox would work right out of the box! I'm glad that I have some time to prepare before my Vox arrives, probably tomorrow or the day after.

My books are presently organized on Calibre on my netbook so Aldiko seems like the way to go, using an SD card. If I also download FBreader, I could then decide which I personally prefer for reading them.