View Single Post
Old 11-25-2012, 10:36 AM   #9
ixtab
(offline)
ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, K4, K5, KPW, KPW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by zavidos View Post
I think I will wait till jailbreak of 5.3.0, usually require lot of time like the ios one?
It depends. For the older versions, bugs that were exploitable to allow for a jailbreak were relatively easy to find, but Amazon gradually fixed all of them.

I have been searching for exploits for two weeks now, and I did not find anything that can be used for jailbreaking 5.3.0. I officially give up now, maybe someone else is better/luckier than I am at this.

Quote:
How can I prevent the autoupgrade if another firmware come out? Only with airplane mode?
Airplane mode is the easiest measure, but you could also selectively disable or remove part of the programs that play together for the OTA update (No, I can't tell you which ones these are off the top of my head).
ixtab is offline   Reply With Quote