View Single Post
Old 08-02-2011, 08:45 AM   #5
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
Quote:
However, I understand that the Kindle purchasing system is cloud-based and copies data on the Kindle back to the Amazon "cloud" using a system called "WhisperSync". Until I have finalised my contracts with the publisher of my choice, I do not want my pre-release book to be sent anywhere. It must remain on the device.
No worries there. You're a little confused on the specific details of Whispersync and what gets "copied," (nothing actually gets "copied back" to Amazon other than books marks, annotations and furthest read pages) but suffice to say that it only pertains to content that was purchased through Amazon. Side-loaded personal documents (whether they are mobi's or whatever) are not "copied back" to Amazon (again NO book is ever copied back to Amazon). Worst case scenario is that the notes that someone takes on your book may get copied to Amazon servers—if they are configured to back up their annotations.

Whispersync doesn't do what a lot of people think it does.
DiapDealer is online now   Reply With Quote