View Single Post
Old 04-08-2013, 10:30 PM   #60
hwlester
Wizard
hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-T1, Kindle Touch, misc. Android devices, Nook HD+
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnemicOak View Post
He's talking about the switch over to Agency as it left stores like BoB without Agency titles to sell for much longer than the big guys.
The next paragraph after the one I quoted addresses the supposed benefits for the smaller stores, but as we've seen from Fictionwise and others, the consumer is the one who has ultimately suffered. I bargain shop for ebooks just like I bargain shop for other items. That's how I first found Fictionwise (originally for RocketBook, then multiformat), Baen (also originally for RocketBook, then multiformat), Kobo (for EPUB), and BoB (also for EPUB). When an ebook is priced the same at all retailers, I have LESS incentive to buy it from one of the smaller retailers, and in some cases, less incentive to buy it at all, especially if it's as much or MORE than a physical copy.
hwlester is offline   Reply With Quote