View Single Post
Old 01-07-2014, 03:35 PM   #451
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Beaten Path, USA, Roundworld, This Side of Infinity
Device: Kindle Touch fw5.3.7 (Wifi only)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary_M_Mugford View Post
I should also mention one other wrinkle that would crop up. Sports Biographies. I TEND to manually categorize them as Sports, but that really didn't work all that well in practice. So, now they are BSports, leaving me with Bios that are not sports, and Sports for books that aren't Bios. The issue is writing that search. And thus far, I have failed due to the lack of understanding of negation in the search line.

Food for extra thought.
Searches can e done through the tag browser, to exactly match whichever item is chosen, and follow the syntax field:"=value" where the equals sign tells it to exactly match the quoted value. (yes, the = goes inside the quotes.)

Negation is easy, just add "not" before the term.

You can chain together search terms by holding down Ctrl while selecting multiple tag browser fields. Double clicking will negate the field and use the button "alter tag browser" to switch "search type when selecting multiple items" between "match all" and "match any".
eschwartz is offline   Reply With Quote