View Single Post
Old 04-19-2013, 10:58 PM   #4
meeera
Grand Sorcerer
meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, iPadMini4, iPad4, MBP; support other Kobo/Kindles
I generally don't read in sunlight or in glaringly over-lit rooms - we're saving on power bills! - so I've found my Glo to be bloody brilliant.

With the Touch I would have to aim a bright LED lamp directly at the screen to read comfortably. This meant that every time I changed positions I'd need to readjust the lamp; I couldn't read on my right side because that would shine the lamp directly into my sleeping partner's face; and so on. Without a really bright lamp, I could see the screen, but the contrast was so low in ambient dim-to-medium lighting that reading wasn't comfortable for me at all.

With the Glo, I can have a very dim lamp on pointed to the ceiling at night, or with no electric lighting in the daytime indoors, and read very comfortably and happily on a low glo setting. It does feel more restful to me than looking at my iPad screen or computer screen, even with Flux (for colour adjustment) and dimming.
meeera is offline   Reply With Quote