View Single Post
Old 04-06-2012, 03:22 PM   #8
paola
Wizard
paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Pro 903, (beloved Pocketbook 360 RIP), Kobo Mini, Kobo Aura
rob, again a lot of thanks! I did manage, and all the applications are there! Of course, I could not get the browser to launch, but thanks to your suggestion of writing things down, there is a clue.

First of all, I did the following: put "browser.app" (the executable, coming from the "media" directory) in the \system\bin directory, then slightly modified your call to it by creating a text file "arora.app" in the "applications" directory containing the following:

Code:
#!/bin/sh
/mnt/ext1/system/bin/browser.app 1> /mnt/ext2/out.txt 2> /mnt/ext2/out.txt
The "out" file registered the following
Code:
/mnt/ext1/system/bin/browser.app: error while loading shared libraries: libQtWebKit.so.4: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
I have found such file, denoted as "link to shared library", together with a file "libQtWebKit.so" and another one called "libQtWebKit.so.4.9", but I am not sure what I am supposed to do with them. Grateful for any suggestions

EDIT: I have uploaded the "browser.app" file - just rename it by remove it the ".zip" extension, which I had to add in order to be able to upload the file
Attached Files
File Type: zip browser.app.zip (764.1 KB, 546 views)

Last edited by paola; 04-06-2012 at 04:06 PM.
paola is offline   Reply With Quote