View Single Post
Old 04-04-2012, 02:47 PM   #16
RDaneel54
Aging Positronic Brain
RDaneel54 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RDaneel54 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RDaneel54 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RDaneel54 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RDaneel54 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RDaneel54 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RDaneel54 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RDaneel54 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RDaneel54 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RDaneel54 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RDaneel54 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Amazon Oasis; iPhone, iPad Mini
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skydog View Post
It seems that the design of the connection on the Fire is such that it larger than need be for the OEM charger. I have found that other cables in my collection have a better (tight) fit. Why on earth so many people are "wiggling" the cable connection? STOP doing this -- you risk making it worse!

I suspect people are moving the micro USB connection from side to side when removing it, rather than carefully pulling it straight out.

There is a better alternative. Purchase a better cable at Amazon for $3 and a 2.1a USB AC Travel (folding prongs) charger for $9.99.
I wiggled it because it stopped working. I had never wiggled it before. I did not move it from side to side, but carefully pulled it straight out each time. I am very careful in how I handle all my electronics. Your suspicions are incorrect.

The defect is in my Kindle Fire, not in how I plugged the cable in. If it was just the cable, it would not have worked correctly without problems for the last 6 months.
RDaneel54 is offline   Reply With Quote