View Single Post
Old 06-15-2008, 08:30 PM   #44
nrapallo
GuteBook/Mobi2IMP Creator
nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: REB1200 EBW1150 Device: T1 NSTG iLiad_v2 NC Device: Asus_TF Next1 WPDN
Quote:
Originally Posted by browningj View Post
Is there any way to adjust the output of PDF read for a 256 Color device at 640x480 resolution on a 9.4" display.
Sorry, but currently, no!

PDFRead is tailored towards devices that are taller than wider i.e 480x640. While it has no problem producing 256 color .prc ebooks, it will (internally) first ensure the cropped page is less than the max. width i.e. 640 in your case, then try to shrink it vertically to be within the max. height. i.e 480. and maintain the device's aspect ratio. So the output will always be on one page for your 640x480 screen since your aspect ratio is 1.33.

What you require is for PDFRead to split the pdf page in half vertically, then render each half in turn. However, PDFRead is biased towards 'portrait type' ebook readers and as such there is no easy way to convert for 'landscape type' ebook readers.

This may require a tweaking of the algorithim used and may be incorporated into the next release if this can easily be accomplished.

In the meantime, use the landscape 'prc-mobi' profile and 'landscape' layout mode.

Last edited by nrapallo; 06-16-2008 at 07:21 AM. Reason: fixing typos
nrapallo is offline   Reply With Quote