View Single Post
Old 09-10-2008, 03:25 PM   #43
AJ Starr
Guru
AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PEZ, Color Libre, 2@Sony T1, Onyx i62HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by nekokami View Post
Oh, yuck!

Good to hear from you again!

Annotation will be critical for this size device. This isn't a device for reading, so much as for interacting with text, I think.

I don't want an ebook reader, really, I want an InfoPad. I don't need to be able to play The Sims 2 or do 3d modeling on it, but I do need to be able to collect and interact with all kinds of text and some other content, and that means at least some of the features you've listed above. And I need it to be able to run all day, not be too hot, and not too heavy. A tablet isn't quite the right device -- I've tried them. A thin unit in A4/Letter size with a stylus interface (including HWR) and a wireless way to acquire/sync content would be pretty much perfect for what I need. (Meanwhile, my iLiad is meeting my needs fairly well.)

I agree. A compromise between a Tablet PC (too much we don't need) and an ereader (not enough for business, students, programmers, etc) is what is needed in the marketplace. The mini-PC's that are coming out just reduce the PC. An "InfoPad" maybe someday ....
AJ Starr is offline   Reply With Quote