View Single Post
Old 08-25-2011, 09:35 PM   #339
camerontai
camerontai began at the beginning.

Device: NOOK str
Quote:
Originally Posted by geertm View Post
You do not have to create a completely new account. After deregistering your Nook you can login to your B&N account and change the e-mail address of your existing account.

I still use alwaysVPN. I just used Hotspot Shield as a test.
With Hotspot Shield you get a browser window with advertising that you need to keep open when connected.
AlwaysVPN just puts an icon in your system tray that you click to connect. And has the advantage that you not have to pay an monthly subscription, but just one payment of $8.50 for an amount of data. Most VPN's ask $10 to $15 a month.

Another interesting VPN is HideMyAss Pro VPN. If you buy a 1 year subscription it costs only about $6.50 a month. They have servers in a lot of countries, and every time you connect you can choose which country you want to use. So you can also use it for example to get an UK IP-addres for UK bookstores. And there is no data limit, so you could also stream video etc..

The reason I have bought an subscription for this VPN is that I have recently bought a router that is compatible with the DD-WRT (www.dd-wrt.com) router firmware (TP-Link TL-WR1043ND router). On the HideMyAss Pro VPN website there is a guide how to install the VPN in the DD-WRT software. That way the VPN is installed in the router, and all devices connected to the router should be able to connect to the Internet with an VPN IP-address.
That way I would be able to buy things on the Nook itself.
I have not yet have time to try this.
Thanks for your thorough explanation. Ill do as i told you. I will also subscipt to always vpn. I`ll do all this as soon i get my new pc in a couple of weeks.
I will let you know how it goes.

Thanks,
Pato
camerontai is offline   Reply With Quote