View Single Post
Old 07-06-2011, 11:20 AM   #75
jswinden
Nameless Being

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCION View Post
Thanks for posting. I share the same sentiment with one book I'm currently reading. It's to the point where I only want to read it on my NOOK The book displays the same on the Kobo and the NOOK, yet I don't have a problem with the NOOK recognizing my finger on the link. It picks it up on the first try.
I'm thinking this must be a screen sensitivity setting by Kobo. My Sony 350 has the same touchscreen technology but it is way too sensitive, so much so that a very small crumb from a snack can cause the 350 to rapidly turn pages. However, the 350 came with a built-in stylus which requires a high amount of sensitivity. I tried the 350 stylus with the KT and it does not work on the KT because I assume the sensitivity level is turned way down. So using a stylus for selecting one-character endnote hyperlinks is not a current option on the KT.

Actually I just now compared my Sony 350 to my KT and the 350 screen is inset about twice as deep into the case as is the KT. So perhaps the 350 touchscreen has some other sensors around the perimeter? I like the inset depth of the KT better as the 350 is inset way to deep into the case, so deep it casts a long shadow onto the screen when the lighting source is too far to one side.