Thread: 903 My PB 903
View Single Post
Old 01-13-2011, 04:06 AM   #7
Sil_liS
Wizard
Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook 903 & 360+
I haven't had time yet to write a full review, but I did see some strange things.

One time my home screen had dark grey background for everything except the widgets. I clicked on applications and it worked, and when I went back to the home screen it was back to normal.

The clock widget became blank after I changed the time and time zone (I came back from vacation). It went back to normal as I went from analog to digital and back to analog, but it was gone again as I was going to different places and back again. After I turned the device off and back on this wasn't a problem again.

My screenshots are 828x1200, and I thought that they were supposed to be 825x1200, like the resolution.

The calibration of the touch panel doesn't work. In scribble, with the thick line I drew some rectangles and then switching to the thin line I followed them with the stylus. Ignoring my inability to draw straight lines, there is clearly a problem with the left side of the screen. I did this twice, then recalibrated and did it again.

I took screen shots of my experiment and I can see another problem. Somehow the scribble toolbar is there in the first image, but not in the other two. Why?

And about the ghosting effect. I don't really have a problem with it as it just looks like something that was printed on cheap paper where you can get an impression of what is on the other side. But I don't understand why it isn't always there. I mean when the device is off I have the screen with the big number 1, and I don't see the ghost of that afterwards, as I don't see the ghost of the bookland logo. So it is possible not to have this effect.
Attached Images
File Type: bmp scr0006.bmp (487.6 KB, 556 views)
File Type: bmp scr0007.bmp (487.6 KB, 458 views)
File Type: bmp scr0008.bmp (487.6 KB, 424 views)
Sil_liS is offline   Reply With Quote