View Single Post
Old 06-24-2015, 09:36 PM   #1
webroot
Zealot
webroot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.webroot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.webroot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.webroot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.webroot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.webroot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.webroot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.webroot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.webroot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.webroot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.webroot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: android
Performance compare eink vs tablet

I have had hands-on with couple of e-readers (Kobo and kindle) and few others like onyx, seen their reviews on Youtube.

I was looking at web browser's performance (speed only), let me clarify I am not expecting tablet like experience, that is to say, colorless, screen flicker and unsupported multimedia features from these web browsers are acceptable.

The main thing that bothers me, why the promptness of user interface is laggy and why web browsing in these eink readers feel very slow , not complaining linux run Kindle but some like Onyx are android based I expected them to work as fast as tablet of 512 mb ram.

I am guessing probable suspects:

- eink screen low refresh rate added to overall speed?
- is 512 mb of ram less (why)
- they are slow because most of them are pre-kitkat based.
- network card is slow.
- cheap touch technology is used

I also think manufacturers maybe compromising hardwares that arent related to reading stuff.
webroot is offline   Reply With Quote