View Single Post
Old 01-29-2013, 06:18 PM   #5
Sabardeyn
Guru
Sabardeyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sabardeyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sabardeyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sabardeyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sabardeyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sabardeyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sabardeyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sabardeyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sabardeyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sabardeyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sabardeyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PC (Calibre), Nexus 7 2013 (Moon+ Pro), HTC HD2/Leo (Freda)
Calibre can download book covers and other metadata associated with a book from the internet. The book cover and the metadata can be seen in the Book List, Cover Viewer and other places within the program. However, whether you can get it on the Kobo is another matter.

If I understand how calibre does things (and I could be mistaken), when you send books to your device, what the device can use/display, depends on the file format being copied and your device itself. Some formats do not allow images. Some cannot accept metadata. Some accept only a limited amount or type of data. Again, what is available to you depends on the file format and the device.

I cannot advise you further, sorry. I don't know enough of how this works. You might want to search on "download metadata" to learn how to get covers and metadata from the internet. I would also search for Kobo or Kobo glo to find out if covers and metadata are supported.
Sabardeyn is offline   Reply With Quote