View Single Post
Old 11-12-2012, 03:21 PM   #370
shihman
shihman got an A in P-Chem.shihman got an A in P-Chem.shihman got an A in P-Chem.shihman got an A in P-Chem.shihman got an A in P-Chem.shihman got an A in P-Chem.shihman got an A in P-Chem.shihman got an A in P-Chem.shihman got an A in P-Chem.shihman got an A in P-Chem.shihman got an A in P-Chem.

Device: Kindle 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawhill View Post
You got it all wrong. Note that the rootfs, kernel and the (in this case combined) partition table plus bootloader are separate entities which should be flashed to different locations. Take the time to learn the location for each of them. The name of the images is irrelevant, it only matters what you flash to what position. If you do things you don't understand, you'll probably make everything much worse.

Edit: But if flashing doesn't work with the RAM kernel error always coming up, you should go and try to charge your Kindle. Charge it for a full day. Never mind what color the LED is. Really. Charge it.
Hi Hawhill!

ARGH! I think I bricked and already bricked one then! Will update you on the progress. It is now plugged into the USB port in my computer and there is no light at all. Will leave it plugged in the wall charger though.

On the pastebin, the gitbrew link for 3.3 is dead (rootfs). Do you have any other link / recommendation?

THANKS! Will try 3.2 and 3.1 again later.
shihman is offline   Reply With Quote