View Single Post
Old 03-27-2012, 12:44 PM   #91
Hatgirl
Addict
Hatgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hatgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hatgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hatgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hatgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hatgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hatgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hatgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hatgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hatgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hatgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-300, Sony PRS-T2, Kindle (7th Gen)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProfCrash View Post
Sure she could, sell them through the regular bookstores as well as Pottermore.

I am thrilled that the books are available. I know that I will survive the fact that it is taking longer then it should to buy them. All this does, for me, is reaffirm that this decision was silly, unnecessary, and annoying. If I could buy these through Amazon, I would have them now and I could use a gift certificate. Instead I, and others, are stuck trying to deal with a site that is not equipped to handle the traffic because she is a control freak.
I disagree. For years people on this site have been asking why authors can't insist ebooks be sold without ADE/AZW-style restrictive DRM and authors have said they are forced to agree to whatever the publishers want. Well, J.K. Rowling is the 500lb gorilla in the room, and she can do whatever she wants. And she wants simple watermarking.

Good for her
Hatgirl is offline   Reply With Quote