View Single Post
Old 05-01-2012, 01:27 PM   #9
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawhill View Post
nobody_nowhere:
You will have a whole bunch more problems upon a reboot, I guess. So don't use it for now, just keep the battery up and the device running until you get a backup copy - potentially of /bin, yes, but only you know if that is the only place in the root filesystem you tampered with.

I do have a Kindle 3, but won't be having time for creating a backup of /bin until tomorrow. I'll get back to you then.
Great advice. Do not try to restart it at this point. Keep it charged.

Why?
The restarting of a Linux system uses many of those "broken" utilities in /bin
And it does not sound like that would work properly at this point.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote