View Single Post
Old 02-18-2012, 12:37 AM   #11
scrapking
Evangelist
scrapking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scrapking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scrapking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scrapking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scrapking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scrapking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scrapking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scrapking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scrapking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scrapking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scrapking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Vox, Kobo Glo
I'd gladly travel two hours and back to see a game. The ferry trip alone is 1.5 hours, but realistically more than two hours from when you arrive at the terminal on one side, to when you're departing on the hour side, to say nothing of the 45 drive to the ferry (leaving leeway in case the ferry's heavily booked) and driving to Vancouver on the other side. I'd say 4+ hours each way by car, and I would probably take the bus instead which might make it a little longer.

But it's more the cost than the inconvenience, as the hotel cost is an impediment, as is finding a dog sitter.

"they should have the self-discipline to abstain" - do you mean "they" the teams, or "they" the players?
scrapking is offline   Reply With Quote