View Single Post
Old 08-09-2010, 04:12 PM   #17
Rob_E
Connoisseur
Rob_E can grok the meaning of the universe.Rob_E can grok the meaning of the universe.Rob_E can grok the meaning of the universe.Rob_E can grok the meaning of the universe.Rob_E can grok the meaning of the universe.Rob_E can grok the meaning of the universe.Rob_E can grok the meaning of the universe.Rob_E can grok the meaning of the universe.Rob_E can grok the meaning of the universe.Rob_E can grok the meaning of the universe.Rob_E can grok the meaning of the universe.

Device: iPod Touch/iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by dwharrison View Post
...it's pretty clear that it's syncing against an Apple server somewhere in the cloud.

But as tbergman said above, once that's done, sync is over 3G or wifi. It's worked pretty reliably for me provided I make sure to exit the book to the iBooks home screen.

It actually works better than Kindle syncing in one way: it doesn't have the asinine idea that what I wanted synced is the last page I've *ever* read in the book.
That's good to know. I did not realize that iBooks had implemented that. Of course it's of no use to me right as I only have one device I use for reading, and it's too old to use iBooks on, but I could see it being very helpful if you had, for example, an iPad and an iPhone and you wanted to read a little of your book on your phone when you didn't have your iPad handy.
Rob_E is offline   Reply With Quote