View Single Post
Old 08-09-2010, 01:37 PM   #16
kjk
kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: never enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by tbergman View Post

The syncing between devices does not involve iTunes and happens wirelessly. I find it to be reasonably reliable between my iPad 3G and my iPhone. Occasianally it doesn't seem to know which device was used last but this is rare. I assume Apple has provided some sort of server for this purpose. It does, as you state, require 2 apple devices.
If anyone knows how this actually works, I'd be interested.
This is correct.
To be clear-to sync your place in movies and TV shows between an iPhone, iPad, and your computer, you do need to connect and sync the devices with iTunes for it to work.

iBooks works differently-it syncs your page location wirelessly at all times (as long as you have a wireless connection, of course)...Apple says it is using your "iTunes Store Account" to manage wireless syncing-maybe they are using the same servers they use to "Push" notifications to apps? It seems to work pretty simultaneously.
kjk is offline   Reply With Quote