View Single Post
Old 02-15-2012, 09:16 AM   #6
geekmaster
Carpe diem, c'est la vie.
geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K1 to PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by ARV View Post
Thanx, I will check runme.sh for CR's
By the way, maybe there there is a sense to update firmware to 5.0.3 in this state? Maybe update will refresh system files and device will come to life?
Or it can be irrevocably bricked?
Multiple people have reported that an official 5.0.3 update from amazon has bricked their kindle touch.

I also had a k4nt that was bricked by an official 4.0.1 amazon update.

In my case and in some of the cases reported for 5.0.3, the kindles did not have jailbreak or hacks installed. It appears that amazon's "differential update" method used on the new kindles is risky at best...

Last edited by geekmaster; 02-15-2012 at 09:25 AM.
geekmaster is offline   Reply With Quote