View Single Post
Old 07-04-2010, 02:08 PM   #2
Solitaire1
Samurai Lizard
Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: NookColor
It sounds like the Sony Reader Library (SRL) is set to sync your entire ebook collection to your ereader. The way I deal with this issue is to sync only certain collections to my ereader, rather than my entire ebook library. I use collections to manage not only the ebooks that are loaded on my ereader but also where they will be stored (internal memory or SD card).

The following are step-by-step instructions to set up the collections and set them (and only them) to sync to your ereader:
  • Create collections in the SRL by clicking the Plus button at the bottom left corner of the screen.
  • Drag and drop the ebooks into the appropriate collections. You can drop the same ebook into more than one collection and you don't have to load all of your ebooks into collections.
  • If you want, go into each collection and order them the way that you want. When you add an ebook to the collection it will be added to the end of the list, but you can rearrange them by dragging and dropping.
  • Connect your ereader. When the sync process begins cancel it.
  • In the list on the left you will see an item labeled "Reader." This is for your ereader's internal memory. Click on the triangle to its left and this will bring up a list which includes the item "Sync." Click on that item.
  • A list of the items to be synched to your ereader will appear. If "Library" and "Books" are checked uncheck them ("Library" causes your entire library to be synched to your ereader, and "Books" causes all of your ebooks to be synched to your ereader).
  • Click on the collections that you want synched to your ereader.
  • When you are finished click on the "Sync Now" button.
  • If you have a memory card or cards installed in your ereader, repeat the same process for the memory card(s) as you did for the "Library," which will put appropriate collections on the memory card(s).

Now, only the collections you designated for synching and the ebooks they contain will be loaded on your ereader after you sync it with the SRL. When you add or delete ebooks from those collections the changes will be reflected on your ereader the next time you sync it.

I hope this helps.

Last edited by Solitaire1; 07-04-2010 at 02:15 PM. Reason: Clarification
Solitaire1 is offline   Reply With Quote