View Single Post
Old 12-20-2013, 10:45 PM   #36
Skydog
Wizard
Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Elipsa 2E, Sage, Forma, Libra 2, Clara 2E, Kindle Oasis3, Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anak View Post
The latest PaperWhite has the best overall screen. Not really a surprise as it uses the latest e-ink technology. And Kobo uses older screen tech with their latest products.

EBook-Reader im Test
I will have to respectfully disagree. I have both the Aura HD and the latest Paperwhite and the display of the Aura HD is superior without question. The Paperwhite 2 is clearly a significant improvement over the original but the crispness of the fonts is outstanding on the Aura HD while I can easily see some "jaggies" outlining the fonts on the PW. Additionally, the front lighting is is even and more pleasing on the Aura HD.

Oh, and as for the "slippery" feel of the Aura HD that some have mentioned, there is a solution for that as well. I have applied the high-quality, minimal skin in matte black by DecalGirl. Not only does it reduce the slickness of the plastic, it also eliminates fingerprints. It does not detract from the aesthetics of the Aura HD yet is extremely functional. I HIGHLY recommend the matte version, not the glossy version. There are also many colors/patterns if one so desires.

http://www.decalgirl.com/skins/18059...id-State-Black
Skydog is offline   Reply With Quote