View Single Post
Old 02-21-2013, 03:21 PM   #64
jscris
Addict
jscris is an accomplished Snipe hunter.jscris is an accomplished Snipe hunter.jscris is an accomplished Snipe hunter.jscris is an accomplished Snipe hunter.jscris is an accomplished Snipe hunter.jscris is an accomplished Snipe hunter.jscris is an accomplished Snipe hunter.jscris is an accomplished Snipe hunter.jscris is an accomplished Snipe hunter.jscris is an accomplished Snipe hunter.jscris is an accomplished Snipe hunter.

Device: k1 - KAO2, ipads, h2o, KA1, inkBOOK, T80s, Mars, Nova Pro
Quote:
Originally Posted by SampleAndy View Post
I really think it's in how carefully the pieces are assembled. It seems that the magnet on the second one is in exactly the wrong place; if I FORCE the cover to be square, instead of where it wants to be naturally, there's no problem. If it slides just a little bit out of square, the Kindle goes to sleep... sorta. It's not always a "clean" shutdown.

I think they may have just received a fresh shipment from the factory. The first one didn't really have any smell that I noticed, but the second one has a smell that I can smell on my hands, even with the cold that I'm fighting. It's not a plastic/resin smell, it almost seems like a leather smell, although I doubt there's any leather involved.
I forgot to mention that. First one (like your second one, apparently) had a strong smell. It did go away in a day or two, but it was as you describe. Second one, like your first one, faintly smells, but not much and not unpleasantly. Second one was shipped on the 18th from Indiana. First one (the worst one) shipped from Kentucky.
jscris is offline   Reply With Quote