View Single Post
Old 06-12-2012, 09:23 AM   #360
geekmaster
Carpe diem, c'est la vie.
geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K1 to PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by rynax View Post
hi,

I tried to follow debricking process.
However after I flashed the diags img and/or kernel files via fastboot, set the bootmode and reboot the device, my Kindle Touch just won't boot into diags mode at all.
It flashed the screen white twice then black and back to the tree screen.

I read that I'll need to use compatible kernel and diags image files, so I tried to use
kernel 5.00 with mmcblk0p2_ssh.img 5.01 (from http://gitbrew.org/~dasmoover/kindle/touch/forensic/) doesn't work;

also tried to follow the noob friendly "Guide to debrick the Kindle Touch v3" pdf, downloaded the 5.00 kernel and mmcblk0p2_ssh.img from the links inside the document, doesn't work;

tried to use the main_kernel-5.1.0.img and mmcblk0p2_ssh 5.10 from http://gitbrew.org/~dasmoover/kindle/touch/forensic/ still no luck.

Anyone can tell me what's wrong in my steps/files?
You need to match versions for diags partition with diags kernel, and main with main kernel. You were not clear on which kernels you used (main or diags).

Also, you cannot flash a main partition with fastboot. It will report success even though it fails because the image is too big for fastboot protocol.
geekmaster is offline   Reply With Quote